So getting straight to the point, 1. In the past I was a confused, inhibited, friend-less (in Minneapolis, MN), slightly depressed, frustrated, and pathetically clueless in life. 2. Today, I am much more confident about my goals in life, I enjoy every moment as it comes and try to make the most of it, have amazing friends (courtesy CATC) who bring so much meaning to my everyday life, and positive about bright future. 3. I am becoming a more clear headed about various aspects of life and human nature, becoming more matured, wiser about situations and people, developing deeper understanding of relationships and their impact.
I hope I did justice to my response to this blog!!
First, Riddhi, you did a great job to be the first blogger! Yay!
Okay...time to organize my thoughts:
1. In the past, I was confused, tired and lack of confidence. I did lots of things without much passion. I stay indoors most of the time, feeling depressed sometimes and didn't know at all how to cope with it. I couldn't manage my attention well and thus I was usually in a status of anxiety because the to-do-list just went longer and longer and I had this attention deficiency problem. In a word, I was busy but I was not happy, not as happy as I expected.
2. Today, I have my small family here, with my husband, AND the Culture@Core Family, love you guys! p.s.Ashish is my brother =). Now I've found my interest and goal. There is this path that is so clear about my growth and career. I have 90% control of my attention now! Woohoo! I live a balanced life with so much learning everyday.
3. I'm becoming a professional in my field of educational measurement. I'm becoming a person that has the ability to help others. A graduate school education can give me more opportunities to do that, too. I'm becoming a more responsible individual in all kinds of relationships in my life. I'm becoming the source of happiness of myself...and hopefully, part of that source of others.
In the past, at the core, I was someone with a sheer essence for living and making it all beautiful around me. But I had some weakness's as well - I was dependent on others, would sell myself short at times and was unable to handle myself well during crisis. I was a hard worker but luck eluded me. It eluded me for I believed that 'luck' is something you don't have control over.
At present, I am a completely different individual. I have changed myself in past few years. My believes, my habits all have changed - and I feel I have improved in that aspect. Much much better. 'Luck' is now something which I define everyday. I, now, know how to convert an opportunity into my achievement…. But all this hasn't come for free. In my quest for myself, I have created few distances - I am a bit away from my family and friends. I am a bit less enthusiastic for life in general and If I was 'safe' yesterday, I am now more living at the 'edge' today in terms of my career and commitments. But deep inside I know I am going to fix these with time and the insecurity I feel sometimes is indeed a sign of my progress.
I still have a fog in front of my goals but that is gradually going away and something inside me keeps me motivated and tells me every other time that I am on the right track. I am becoming someone who is independent, mature, goal-oriented, spiritual and a loving individual - someone who has love for himself and the people around him. I am inching towards my ultimate goal - To spread smiles all around!
PS: The one tarrot card, I have kept in mind while writing all of the above is the most powerful one - 'Speak my candid truth'
I always thought I am the one got helped since I am more vulnerable than any one else.I never thought I could become someone to help others, this was my thought before I came to the Journey at Core program.
For the past year, I learned and I grew with other guys in our group. I still remember the day I was interviewed by Jennie and Ruthie, they asked me a simple question: what brings you to this program, and what you will bring to this program? I thought for a while and responded that: I am in need of help, and I also need helping others to let them realize they are able people, what they need is just a little fuel as resource to start. People can change, and I am going to be the one help this change.
As I answered the Jennie's question, I keep questioning myself: Am I too aggressive? Am I competent enough to be this helper? Remember that I am still in need of help!
With these unsure questions, I joined in Journey at the core, I got to know other people and their daily struggles, and I thought: wow, i am not alone, it seems every body is on the same boat, I am not the worst. Then we start over to learn how to gain mental peace and how to courage ourselves by tiny steps such as jogging 15 min every afternoon, respect others' time and effort, be frank to people who cares about you, etc.
I am on the path of learning and growing. Every growth would make me excited and satisfied. I am happy where I am now, and I am amazed by how much I grew from this program, from our dear friends in this program, riddhi, meng, nizam, sola...
In the past, I was such a naive and insecure young woman. I was afraid of sharing my opinions with others since I thought they were not valuable. I used to say "yes" to everybody because I was afraid not to be kind or not to disapppoint them - I lived just to please others. What a waste of time!
Today I say "no" to others whenever it is necessary and whenever I feel inside me that´s not the right path to follow. I think first of all about my inner self in a way that I should be the first one to feel comfortable with my choices and decisions. I have learned that it is important to say "no" sometimes in order to be faithful to ourselves. I thank God every day to have given me courage enough to leave my comfort zone in the Azores and take the risk to come to a new place. Here I don´t find Portuguese people so that forces me to be more open to different cultures and to learn to love others despite speaking a different language and having a different culture. This is such a valuable experience to me that there is no money in the world that can pay it. I feel lucky and blessed everyday because of that. I was given the opportunity to come back to school and learn more. That is awsome! More than ever my goals are to do whatever makes me happy and respect my way of being. I feel connected to myself.
That´s why in the future I will be a very successful woman, who will attract others through wisdom that does not come in the books but in the path of life. I feel there is a bunch of opportunities waiting for me and that will make me feel welcomed and happy whatever my decisions are and wherever I am. I will be a great wife, mother and friend to my family and those around me. I have learned that there are no barriers in life but just some inconviniences that show up just to challenge our capacity to overcome them. Life is a blessing so let´s live it every day as if it was the last, but not the least! :-)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteSo getting straight to the point,
1. In the past I was a confused, inhibited, friend-less (in Minneapolis, MN), slightly depressed, frustrated, and pathetically clueless in life.
2. Today, I am much more confident about my goals in life, I enjoy every moment as it comes and try to make the most of it, have amazing friends (courtesy CATC) who bring so much meaning to my everyday life, and positive about bright future.
3. I am becoming a more clear headed about various aspects of life and human nature, becoming more matured, wiser about situations and people, developing deeper understanding of relationships and their impact.
I hope I did justice to my response to this blog!!
Love,
Riddhi
Hello,
ReplyDeleteFirst, Riddhi, you did a great job to be the first blogger! Yay!
Okay...time to organize my thoughts:
1. In the past, I was confused, tired and lack of confidence. I did lots of things without much passion. I stay indoors most of the time, feeling depressed sometimes and didn't know at all how to cope with it. I couldn't manage my attention well and thus I was usually in a status of anxiety because the to-do-list just went longer and longer and I had this attention deficiency problem. In a word, I was busy but I was not happy, not as happy as I expected.
2. Today, I have my small family here, with my husband, AND the Culture@Core Family, love you guys! p.s.Ashish is my brother =). Now I've found my interest and goal. There is this path that is so clear about my growth and career. I have 90% control of my attention now! Woohoo! I live a balanced life with so much learning everyday.
3. I'm becoming a professional in my field of educational measurement. I'm becoming a person that has the ability to help others. A graduate school education can give me more opportunities to do that, too. I'm becoming a more responsible individual in all kinds of relationships in my life. I'm becoming the source of happiness of myself...and hopefully, part of that source of others.
-Lan
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIn the past, at the core, I was someone with a sheer essence for living and making it all beautiful around me. But I had some weakness's as well - I was dependent on others, would sell myself short at times and was unable to handle myself well during crisis. I was a hard worker but luck eluded me. It eluded me for I believed that 'luck' is something you don't have control over.
ReplyDeleteAt present, I am a completely different individual. I have changed myself in past few years. My believes, my habits all have changed - and I feel I have improved in that aspect. Much much better. 'Luck' is now something which I define everyday. I, now, know how to convert an opportunity into my achievement…. But all this hasn't come for free. In my quest for myself, I have created few distances - I am a bit away from my family and friends. I am a bit less enthusiastic for life in general and If I was 'safe' yesterday, I am now more living at the 'edge' today in terms of my career and commitments. But deep inside I know I am going to fix these with time and the insecurity I feel sometimes is indeed a sign of my progress.
I still have a fog in front of my goals but that is gradually going away and something inside me keeps me motivated and tells me every other time that I am on the right track. I am becoming someone who is independent, mature, goal-oriented, spiritual and a loving individual - someone who has love for himself and the people around him. I am inching towards my ultimate goal - To spread smiles all around!
PS: The one tarrot card, I have kept in mind while writing all of the above is the most powerful one - 'Speak my candid truth'
I always thought I am the one got helped since I am more vulnerable than any one else.I never thought I could become someone to help others, this was my thought before I came to the Journey at Core program.
ReplyDeleteFor the past year, I learned and I grew with other guys in our group. I still remember the day I was interviewed by Jennie and Ruthie, they asked me a simple question: what brings you to this program, and what you will bring to this program? I thought for a while and responded that: I am in need of help, and I also need helping others to let them realize they are able people, what they need is just a little fuel as resource to start. People can change, and I am going to be the one help this change.
As I answered the Jennie's question, I keep questioning myself: Am I too aggressive? Am I competent enough to be this helper? Remember that I am still in need of help!
With these unsure questions, I joined in Journey at the core, I got to know other people and their daily struggles, and I thought: wow, i am not alone, it seems every body is on the same boat, I am not the worst. Then we start over to learn how to gain mental peace and how to courage ourselves by tiny steps such as jogging 15 min every afternoon, respect others' time and effort, be frank to people who cares about you, etc.
I am on the path of learning and growing. Every growth would make me excited and satisfied. I am happy where I am now, and I am amazed by how much I grew from this program, from our dear friends in this program, riddhi, meng, nizam, sola...
In the past, I was such a naive and insecure young woman. I was afraid of sharing my opinions with others since I thought they were not valuable. I used to say "yes" to everybody because I was afraid not to be kind or not to disapppoint them - I lived just to please others. What a waste of time!
ReplyDeleteToday I say "no" to others whenever it is necessary and whenever I feel inside me that´s not the right path to follow. I think first of all about my inner self in a way that I should be the first one to feel comfortable with my choices and decisions. I have learned that it is important to say "no" sometimes in order to be faithful to ourselves. I thank God every day to have given me courage enough to leave my comfort zone in the Azores and take the risk to come to a new place. Here I don´t find Portuguese people so that forces me to be more open to different cultures and to learn to love others despite speaking a different language and having a different culture. This is such a valuable experience to me that there is no money in the world that can pay it. I feel lucky and blessed everyday because of that. I was given the opportunity to come back to school and learn more. That is awsome!
More than ever my goals are to do whatever makes me happy and respect my way of being. I feel connected to myself.
That´s why in the future I will be a very successful woman, who will attract others through wisdom that does not come in the books but in the path of life. I feel there is a bunch of opportunities waiting for me and that will make me feel welcomed and happy whatever my decisions are and wherever I am. I will be a great wife, mother and friend to my family and those around me. I have learned that there are no barriers in life but just some inconviniences that show up just to challenge our capacity to overcome them. Life is a blessing so let´s live it every day as if it was the last, but not the least! :-)